Guest can't see hosts network connection using QEMU-KVM

I have the following setup:

Debian buster OS with KDE desktop

AMD-64 4 cpu processor

Host Debian Buster

Guest kubuntu 18.04

Virtual Machine QEMU

I followed the wiki instructions to set up a bridge between the two operating systems but can't get it to work. Not only does the guest networking not work but my setup kills the host's as well. My /etc/network/interfaces file is:

source /etc/network/interfaces.d/*
# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

#auto enp4s0
iface enp4s0 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet dhcp
   pre-up ip tuntap add dev tap0 mode tap user ctech
   pre-up ip link set tap0 up
   bridge_ports all tap0
   bridge_stp off
   bridge_maxwait 0
   bridge_fd      0
   post-down ip link set tap0 down
   post-down ip tuntap del dev tap0 mode tap

The host name is ctech.

I have reset the network, using /etc/init.d/networking restart, after each change.

I have looked for more documentation with no success. QEMU doesn't have a user forum that I can find.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.