Re: HTML mail + PDF attachments

On Wednesday 25 March 2020 23:03:55 Russell L. Harris wrote:

> At the moment I am running neo-mutt on Debian 9.  Once or twice a day
> I receive a HTML message, typically with a PDF file as an attachment.
> Picking out and viewing the links and attachments always is a hassle,
> and sometimes is rather difficult.
>
> Rather than hassle with mutt, I hoped to install an auxiliary mail
> client with GUI (such as Thunderbird) with which I could open such
> messages, view the links, and print the attachments.
>
> But Thunderbird is demanding the URLs of POP and SMPT servers, and I
> do not wish to allow Thunderbird to mess around with my mail, other
> than viewing specific messages.
>
> One approach would be to get a mail account strictly for this purpose,
> and set up a complete Thunderbird mail system using that account.
>
> But is there a better solution?
>
> RLH

Fetchmail as a daemon using procmail as an MTA, procmail driveing all the
spam/virus filters. What survives that gauntlet dumped
into /var/spool/mail and a dbus message sent to kmail telling it to go
get the incoming mail.

Computers are supposed to reduce your work, and this flow reduces
servicing an email to two clicks plus whatever typing I want to do.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis