Re: Installing Debiam

On Mon, 23 Mar 2020, Chocolate Island Prince wrote:

This information is wowfactor 10!

This opener is a spamfactor 11.

I never knew any of this.

We have no idea what "this" is, or what you are talking about.

You are burying the lede.

 https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bury_the_lede#Verb

On this list, the more directly you get to the point, the more help
you will get.

For example,

 What are you trying to do?
 What sort of hardware are you trying to do it on?
 What learning/help/how-to/manual/wiki resources have you read so far?
 What have you tried?
 What was the result?
 What do you want to know?

Here is your lede:

I have a an old but in excellent condition a Sony Vaio and a 16
years old Macbook.

This sounds like two projects (corresponding to your two machines),
and therefore constitutes at least two separate questions.

I recommend addressing each project separately, in separate messages
to the list.

Begin two new threads, with distinct subjects that briefly specify (to
the best of your ability) the question at hand.

Example subject line: "Installing debian on 2004 MacBook"

1. Sony has no OS . I would like a good system installed.  So What
do uou suggest

One place I would look for information about installing on specific
hardware is the debian wiki.

Searching for "Vaio", I found a few pages. Some look like chaff,
others might be of interest to you.

 Title Search: "Vaio" - Debian Wiki ( about 4 results )
 https://wiki.debian.org/MacBook?action=fullsearch&value=Vaio&titlesearch=Titles

 Full Text Search: "Vaio" - Debian Wiki ( about 13 results )
 https://wiki.debian.org/?action=fullsearch&value=Vaio&fullsearch=Text

n how can I down load ?

If you are asking how to get install media:

 Getting Debian
 https://www.debian.org/distrib/

Should I use usb stick?

That might depend on the target hardware. For each machine you are
considering installing debian on, start a new thread on this list.

This will make it easier for people to help you. (It will also help
people searching the list archive, in the future, to find information
pertinent to their interest.)

2. Macbook it has OS but slow.

There is a MacBook page on the debian wiki. It contains a lot of
content. Maybe you will find some of it informative.

 MacBook - Debian Wiki
 https://wiki.debian.org/MacBook

I notice that some of the content looks rather old. For example:

  references to the "lenny" release (ie, "Debian 5.0", circa 2009)
  broken links to projects hosted on the now-defunct alioth server

This doesn't necessarily invalidate the information there. But there
is potential for confusion.

Please help me. Thank you

Good luck with your projects.

--
 The day will come              |  Last words, August Spies (1855--1887).
 When our silence will be       |  Hanged, by the U.S. state of Illinois,