Re: Buster without systemd?

On Tue 24 Mar 2020 at 14:49:03 (+0100), deloptes wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
>
> > systemd-networkd is not meant to do very complicated configurations.
> >
> > Why should I install an additional package (e.g. ifupdown, Network
> > Manager, etc.) just for setting up a static IP?
>
> well - for static IP you don't need systemd, but it is a relief for the
> dynamic stuff - i.e. wireless and cabled networks that change.
>
> I find it amazing how it works .... not that I say I am starting to love
> systemd :) but for the couple of months I am using it on the desktop it
> seems to work fine
>
> On the servers as mentioned before it is of no use for now.

I looked at what documentation I could find, but carried on using
wicd-curses, and the arch wiki seems to agree with what I found:

   "systemd-networkd does not have a proper interactive management
    interface neither via command-line nor graphical".

The interface is what matters when you're travelling with a laptop.

Cheers,
David.