Re: Buster without systemd?

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Lu, 23 mar 20, 19:51:18, Kamil Jońca wrote:
>> But now systemd wants:
>> - manage network interfaces
>> - do name resolving
>> - and so on.
>> and quite often it cannot do it properly (ie. with little more
>> complicated configuration).
>
> systemd-networkd is not meant to do very complicated configurations.
But always try :) systemd-resolved also.

I lost a lot of time struggling with systemd-resoved  (I wasn't aware of
its existence), guessing why my dnsmasq stopped working properly.

I simply like unix approach ("do one thing") and systemd is against it.

KJ

--
http://stopstopnop.pl/stop_stopnop.pl_o_nas.html