Re: Boot process hangs at, it seems, network initialisation

On Lu, 23 mar 20, 10:47:14, Brad Rogers wrote:

> TBH, I wasn't sure.  Certain things require networking availability, so
> that got me thinking.  Anyhow, that turned out to be a blind alley.

A standard[1] Debian install "requires[2] networking only for (security)
updates.

[1] i.e. something that is supported by the installer. Things like root
on NFS or similar must be explicitly configured by the user.

[2] it's possible to update also via sneaker-net or similar, just not
very convenient.

Kind regards,
Andrei