Re: debian discover (naturally) lacks permission to install software, how to proceed

On Fri, Mar 20, 2020 at 4:40 PM songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
Dan Hitt wrote:

> I'm in the process of seeing if i can install a zoom client on my debian 10
> system.

  this sounds like a really good way to mess up a system.

  google had the answer as the top result.  no idea if it
works as i don't use such a thing myself.

  https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/204206269-Installing-Zoom-on-Linux

 Hi Songbird,

Thanks for your message.

The page you point to is in fact on the site where i downloaded zoom from (in response to a link on a google calendar entry).

It did have enough information for me to install zoom, with a few workarounds.  So thanks for providing the link to this page.

The main point is that gdebi needs to be used instead of plasma-discover.   Presumably my system only offered plasma-discover because that's all i had at the time.  I could not use the directions literally, but was able to used the command line version of gdebi to get the package installed.

dan