Re: failure to install debian

On lun, mar 09, 2020 at 09:28:56 +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> >Boost.Python error in job "bootloader".
> >
> >Command 'grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi
> >--bootloader-id=Debian --force' returned non-zero exit status 1.
> >
> >Installing for x86_64-efi platform. grub-install: warning: Cannot set EFI
> >variable Boot0000. grub-install: warning: efivarfs_set_variable: writing to
> >fd 7 failed: No space left on device. grub-install: warning:
> >_efi_set_variable_mode: ops->set_variable() failed: No space left on
> >device. grub-install: error: failed to register the EFI boot entry: No
> >space left on device.
>
> OK. Your system has run out of space to store a boot variable. These
> are normally stored in NVRAM (flash) by the firmware. The most common
> cause I've seen for this is error logs stored in /sys/fs/pstore/
> taking up lots of space. Could you check and see if you have any files
> there please?

I have the same issue trying to install debian on a HP 255 G6 with a SSD
KingDian of 120 Gb: I have nothing in /sys/fs/pstore/

I installed debian before on the same pc but on a different disk.

As suggested on the #debian-efi channel I reported the bug against
debian-installer yesterday but I did not receive any response until today.

--
Ciao
leandro