Re: non function firefox

On Tuesday 17 March 2020 07:42:41 l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> 17 mars 2020 à 11:43 de gheskett@shentel.net:
> > The -p
> > option wiped out my history replacing it with links to fb etc, which
> > for security reasons I don't touch with a 30 foot pole.  So I'll
> > have to spend a week restoring that just to regain my daily news
> > sites tour.
>
> If you just used the -P switch, you should still have your previous
> profile with everything inside. Try typing firefox -P again (with no
> profile provided after the switch) and you should get the Profile
> Manager. You can then choose your old profile.

But it appears to have 20 or more all named by a hash generator.  And for
the most part, all identical to the newly generated one.  So I've
switched the default browser to konqueror & will see if I can make it
work. My bank won't like that so I'll have to login and answer all their
security stuff again. PITA, but...

> NB:
> * You may need the -no-remote switch as well (both 2 switches).
> * Did you try typing "about:addons" in the address bar and see which
> one could block javascript? Again, as someone told you, you could
> start a new session with all add-ons disabled.
>
> Kind regards,
> l0f4r0
Thanks alias

Cheers, Gene Heskett