Re: Why isn't there /etc/apache2/extra?

tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 06:59:29PM +0700, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:

>>> Debian's decisions on apache layout were made years earlier.
>>>
>>> Extra configuration for apache2 should be put in conf.d

>> Hmmm, seems contradictory here.
>>
>> You say extra apache2 configuration should be placed on `conf.d`,
>>
>> but Debian layout use `sites-{available,enabled}` and
>>
>> `conf-{available,enabled}`. Do you mean upstream layout or something else?

> Conf.d is for configuration which isn't per-site or per-module.

Are you sure?

I don't see anything including conf.d in a current Apache2 configuration
on Buster.

Only on systems which were incorrectly upgraded there are references to
conf.d/* left over.

The layout diagram on top of apache2.conf also does not mention conf.d
anywhere:

# It is split into several files forming the configuration hierarchy outlined
# below, all located in the /etc/apache2/ directory:
#
#       /etc/apache2/
#       |-- apache2.conf
#       |       `--  ports.conf