Re: now gmail rant

On 7/3/20 12:30 am, Greg Wooledge wrote:
On Fri, Mar 06, 2020 at 10:36:48AM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
Mutt displays the date and time of your email as "Fri, 6 Mar 2020
14:24:47 +1100", and that is reflected in the attribution string above.
So the information is conveyed in some email header or other.

Specifically, the one named "Date:".

Of course, humans aren't always adept and translating local times
between different time zones in their heads while reading through
a bunch of email.  Someone who just glances at "14:24:47" and overlooks
the "+1100" part might think "Oh, it was sent at two-thirty in the
afternoon..." and not realize that two-thirty in the sender's time
zone is substantially different from two-thirty in the reader's time
zone.

Warning, levity ahead.

I know it's not easy, but it shouldn't be so easy for to spark me for not answering in the middle of the night. (Flame is too strong,really) I've been defending our situation for decades. The best recently was when somebody asked if we all got up to watch the moon landing - BUT it was the middle of the afternoon, wasn't it. I know I was at work - our Manager brought his TV into the office for us to sneak in occasionally. My better half was a teacher then - the kids watched most of as their study for that day.

PLEASE, I just like having a bit of fun sometimes. At 72, I reckon I've earnt that much?

--
Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com
+61 (0)447 667 468