now gmail rant

On 6/3/20 5:43 am, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Thursday, March 05, 2020 01:13:54 PM Gene Heskett wrote:
off topic, but how many times do we have to tell gmail users they have to
have 2 accounts, one to send to and one to receive? Otherwise gmail
thinks the echo from a mailing list is a duplicate and deletes it,
making the poor user think his message didn't get posted.

Maybe once?  I've never seen this advice before, and I've been around for a
few years.  I suppose I could have inferred that from some other comments I've
seen (that point out that you don't ever see / get the echo from the mailing
list), or figured it out on my own (I guess I never had a burning need to do
so).

My point is, I don't think the word has been spread very far.

I doubt I have ever seen these words nor ideas.

Interesting that I have 3 responses to the original post. Perhaps we have a time zone issue? Like when I was flamed at 06:00 the morning after, for not responding to a post I sent at 21:00. We sometimes need a way of knowing the the poster maybe sleeping while many are awake. But then would you believe that I posted at 21:00 today, when you read it at 6:00 today. Put that into context, my current time is Fri06Mar2020@14:23:53 Many of you will read it on Thursday evening?

My solution has been to bcc my self and an archive address. I am slowly working towards a better email server, but it takes time.

--
Keith Bainbridge

keith.bainbridge.3216@gmail.com
+61 (0)447 667 468