Re: Modern automounters and umount

Hi,

G.W. Haywood wrote:
> The system load averages are elevated to an extent,
> but 'top' doesn't show any particular processes hogging CPU.

If top does not show processes which cause visible high overall CPU load,
then this might indicate many short running processes.

You could estimate the number of processes created in a second by a
bash run like

  ( echo $BASHPID ) ; sleep 1 ; ( echo $BASHPID )

which gives me e.g.

  4482
  4485

and thus indicates that my machine does not busily fork processes.

> Intel E3815

A single core CPU. That's unusual in our time.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas