Re: new, not nice web bots disposal

On Thursday 27 February 2020 09:18:55 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 27, 2020 at 08:22:53AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 February 2020 03:56:07 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 11:59:27PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Read -- at least skim that wikipedia article (oh, I forgot the ref
> > > in my other mail upthread, sorry. Here it is:
> > >
> > > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol
> >
> > People write software, dishonest people write software to do what
> > they want to achieve.  And I've walked around in OP software enough
> > in the past to have seen stuff I know damned well had to be on
> > purpose.
>
> Had you followed my advice, you'd know by now that the lowest layer
> of your network stack in Linux will throw away any packets arriving
> from the other side if "they ignore the RST".

This may well be true. But I still doubt its available AT THAT LIBRARY.
Basically she insists on haveing a receipt that proves the library has
legally purchased anything offered to lend. Snotty little thing, about
50ish and maybe 4'10" if she was stretched on a rack for a week. She
uses attitude to make up for short stature. I guess she figures its a
lifetime job.

> Cheers

> -- t

Cheers, Gene Heskett