Re: Net Install: Installation halts for disk change

On 2/26/20 7:20 PM, Lee wrote:
On 2/26/20, John Kaufmann <kaufmann@nb.net> wrote:
For my Thinkpad, I burned CDs with:
	(1) debian-10.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso
	(2) firmware-10.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso
and	(3) firmware-edu-10.3.0-amd64-netinst.iso [just in case]

A. Disk (1) begins without problem, then stops for wifi firmware:
Try it with one of the non-free network install ISOs from
https://cdimage.debian.org/images/unofficial/non-free/images-including-firmware/current/multi-arch/iso-cd/
I have been using these: https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/10.3.0+nonfree/amd64/iso-cd/
My first try installing Debian was with an 'official' install DVD & I
had to find an ethernet cable to make a connection because wifi
wouldn't work :(

Maybe they've got instructions somewhere that somebody understands to
get all the hardware on their machine working..  me?  I went with the
"unofficial alternative build includes non-free firmware for extra
support for some awkward hardware." and didn't have any problems.

Regards,
Lee