Re: Encrypted /boot password has to be entered twice

On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 19:59:33 +0100, john doe wrote:
> I don't understand why I get this error, the file is there

Did you triple-check that? :-)  `sudo cryptdisks_start sda1_crypt` will
do the checking logic for you, but you can also run the cryptsetup(8)
binary manually:

    $ sudo cryptsetup luksOpen --key-file /etc/keys/boot.key --key-slot 1 \
        --test-passphrase --verbose /dev/sda1 sda1_crypt

If it that doesn't work, then no wonder systemd-cryptsetup@sda1_crypt
fails :-)  Is the key file really used on key slot #1?  (If you're
unsure, just remove ‘--key-slot 1’ from the above command, it'll tell
you the index of the right keyslot, assuming it can open with that key
file.)

Otherwise, do you perhaps have /etc in a separate partition which is not
mounted yet by the time systems tries to unlock the device?  That said
systemd should be clever enough to setup the correct .mount dependencies
on that unit.

--
Guilhem.

PS. Not subscribed to debian-user