Re: multilingual setup ...

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 01:34:13PM +0100, Albretch Mueller wrote:
>  Most of us are multilingual. I want to set up different users with
> different languages as default and then when I su into a shell as a
> particular user and start, say, libreofice, firefox and Eclipse as a
> certain user that would automatically change all Settings

Is there any chance that this is an X-Y problem?  That you do NOT
actually need this to work after an "su", but instead, you just
want the user to have the correct language when they login NORMALLY?

If so, that is an entirely different question.

If you simply want to configure each user's locale, so they each see
the correct natural language when they login normally, see
<https://wiki.debian.org/Locale> as a starting point.

Be warned that some Desktop Environments override the locale variables
that you try to set in dot files.  If the users are using a fancy DE,
you might have to configure their locale within said DE, using some
sort of mouse-based clickery.

http://xyproblem.info/