Re: Understanding the two-year release cycle as a desktop user (and a Debian newcomer)

Peter Ehlert wrote:
> I think Debian Testing would fit you very well
> It is like a rock, honestly.

  that hasn't been my experience, but i know what i'm doing
well enough to fix things or to ask for help here if i find
something i don't understand well enough.

  i got bit by some kind of lightdm transition or update
and then before when system[-x] came along i had a failure
during that which was not easy enough to solve as i did
not have any exposure to system[-x] to that point.

  as i am here now and all is working ok i'm happy.  debian
does rock.  :)  thanks to the people who volunteer and
do the work and answer questions and fix bugs.  :)

  songbird