Re: SLiM vs SDDM for KDE (was XFCE doesn't start)

Most of my original email is <snipped>.  After verifying SLiM on the USB Stick, I went over to that KDE Buster System, with SDDM  and all those Users and wondered, "What happens if I install SLiM"?  Turns out that Debian has our Back!  First off, it didn't have the many Dependencies, like on the Text System  (I suspect that SDDM requires most of the Packages that SLiM does).  It just performed "apt-get install slim" for me.  And the good part?  It asked which Display Manager I want as a Default.  So I selected Slim.  Case closed.  I'm Happy, and my Multiple "Helper Personalities", who have their own usernames can sign in, normally with no trouble.

So, when I saw this thread about SLiM being abandoned, I got excited, as I've never Maintained any Packages.  And I still am.  Even enough, that I may make this my first Linux Package to Maintain.

How do I Apply?

Anyway, before I burn "SDDM Bridges", is there anyway to configure it to refer to Username, instead of "Given Name"?

Never mind on this question.  Instead of making a Duck act like a Goose, let's just get a Goose.  (But treat it well.  And, hopefully I will).

Thank you,

Kenneth Parker