One more thing about slim: It may no longer be a Maintained Package

Based on another Thread, I decided to try out the slim Package on a new, Text-Only Debian Buster system (on USB).    I got the same issue, about not getting into Graphics.

But the reason for this Thread?  The Package slim may not even be a good Package to use anymore.

According to an Arch Wiki article on it [1], "the SLiM Project has been Abandoned (last Release was 2013...)"

Perhaps, that changes things in the other Thread?

Kenneth Parker

[1]  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SLiM
     (Note:  Arch is a Non-Debian Linux Project, but I respect them, as they put a lot of work in their Documentation Articles and Wikis).