Re: Local search broken for documentation of numpy, matplotlib

Hi Raj,

Quoting Raj Kiran Grandhi (2020-02-24 03:41:00)
> Since upgrading to Buster, the search functionality for some packages
> like python-numpy-doc and python-matplotlib-doc is no longer working.
> The search page just displays the progress indicator graphic without
> generating any results. This is an issue for me as my primary work
> computer has no internet access. Google search indicates it could be
> an issue with the document generation tool, sphinx, that is used to
> generate the documentation.
>
> Is there any workaround to get the search functionality back?

Sounds like a bug, probably in one of the packages suggested by
doc-base:

$ apt-cache show doc-base | grep ^Suggests
Suggests: dhelp | dwww | doc-central | yelp | khelpcenter, rarian-compat

Please, besides looking for ways to work around this issue, report it as
a bug: https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

Kind regards,

 - Jonas