Re: Anti-malware for my personal Debian workstation?

I agree with this deeply. It's surprising the amount of machines I see that have some fancy subscription-based and expensive AV but have the firewalls, SELinux, UAC disabled along with weak filesystem and sharing ACLs.

It's fine to get a good AV running on the system but they don't detect all malware, and I've always run with that being something like 50% of malware being detected.

Good security practices is the best first line of defence, believe me I've seen the evidence when it's not.