Re: High DPI (4K), laptop screen, mode settings, fonts and initramfs-tools

Alex Yuriev composed on 2020-02-22 15:57 (UTC-0500):

> I have a 4K laptop in a 12" package with Intel HD520. I have been running
> Debian 7 and Debian 8 on it for a while and now I have updated to Debian 10.

> I'm sure that you already have an idea of the issue - the console fonts on
> 4k are tiny, barely usable even at 32px

Do you need your consoles to be running in native resolution? My kernel cmdlines
usually include this:

	video=1440x900@60
or
	video=1600x900@60

To make fonts nice size. I really have no need for more than 180x56 on consoles,
and my eyes like the big text.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/