Re: Searching for tutorials on ambiguous Debian commands

On Wed 19 Feb 2020 at 07:24:06 (-0600), Richard Owlett wrote:
> I'm looking for a tutorial covering
> "cron(3tcl) cron" [.../tcllib/cron.3tcl.en.html]
> NOT "CRON(8) System Manager's Manual" [.../cron/cron.8.en.html]
>
> Neither DuckDuckGo nor Google gave acceptable references.
> Many were references to cron(8) *NOT* cron(3tcl).
>
> A website of interest updates data hourly.
> There is an internal time stamp in the data.
> There is a significant, but a to be determined, delay between the
> time-stamp and when the data is available on the web.
>
> I want to do data captures at 1 minute intervals from 10 minutes
> before to 10 minutes after the top of the hour.
>
> Suggestions?
> TIA

cron (8) and wget¹, downloading to a directory whose name is
constructed with $(date some-format), so that you can pick over
your downloads at leisure.

¹ some might suggest curl instead. One day I'll settle down, read
their man pages and compare them. Perhaps write a tutorial :)

Cheers,
David.