Re: Searching for tutorials on ambiguous Debian commands

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 02:49:13PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 07:24:06AM -0600, Richard Owlett wrote:
> > I'm looking for a tutorial covering
> > "cron(3tcl) cron" [.../tcllib/cron.3tcl.en.html]
> > NOT "CRON(8) System Manager's Manual" [.../cron/cron.8.en.html]
>
> cron(3tcl) is a Tcl library (or module or what it's ever called),
> not a command. So it's to be used from a Tcl program. It schedules
> actions at given times whithin a running Tcl program and is not
> based on its namesake (just inspired on it).

It's a package within Tcllib, apparently.  Not one that I've used
personally, though.

> That said, "man 3tcl cron" should lead you to the man page. One
> of Tcl's niceties is that its docs are available as man pages).

Yeah, that works if tcllib is installed locally.

Upstream documentation is also at
<https://core.tcl-lang.org/tcllib/doc/tcllib-1-19/embedded/www/tcllib/files/modules/cron/cron.html>

Debian's man page is also at
<https://manpages.debian.org/buster/tcllib/cron.3tcl.en.html>