Re: Wifi USB dongle

Nicolas George (12020-02-17):
> didier.gaumet@gmail.com (12020-02-14):
> > The Netgear A6210 (mt76 driver) would do.
> > Readily available in France at Darty.
>
> Thank you, it works quite well indeed.
>
> Now, I have to find out why I cannot get more than 2.4 Mo/s from my
> phone, despite its interface pretending to be on 54 Mb/s. But it seems
> unrelated to the question of 2.4 vs 5.0 GHz.
>
> I also need to see if I can have both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz in a bridge to
> simplify the addresses.

Sorry, my thick fingers and clumsy brain replied in private. I think the
confirmation it works deserves to be public.

And the answer for the bridge seems to be yes:

auto wlanA
iface wlanA inet static
        address 10.0.128.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 10.0.128.0
        broadcast 10.0.128.255
        post-up systemctl try-reload-or-restart isc-dhcp-server.service
        bridge_ports none

allow-hotplug wlan1
iface wlan1 inet manual
        post-up iw dev wlan1 set 4addr on
        post-up ip link set dev wlan1 master wlanA
        post-up systemctl start hostapd@wlan1.service
        pre-down systemctl stop hostapd@wlan1.service

The 4addr is a bit mysterious, but it seems to work.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George