Re: FOSS friendly PDA?

On 02/12/2020 10:36 AM, deloptes wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

It must use a standard Linux (Debian preferred).
The manufacturer should ship with the Linux installed.
Android is *UNACCEPTABLE*!
It should NOT have cell connectivity.
If it has WiFi, I must be able to disable it.

Look at Sailfish OS and community ports. Recently they even adopted official
support for Gemini PDA

https://support.planetcom.co.uk/index.php/Sailfish_OS_Notes
https://jolla-devices.com/gemini-pda/

the license AFAIK is for android emulation, which you do not need.
Also you can disable or remove all packages you do not need - it is a normal
linux and not some proprietary crap.

regards

It's unclear on https://store.planetcom.co.uk/collections/popular-items/products/gemini-pda-1

If it currently ships to US (although another page lists price in US dollars).
I raise the question as https://shop.jolla.com/ explicitly states:

Sailfish X is currently available in the countries of the European Union, > Norway and Switzerland ("Authorized Countries") and the use of our
website
and services to purchase Sailfish X outside of the Authorized Countries
is prohibited.

The Planetcom site states that Debian can be installed. All my systems are Debian.

I'll have to get back to the sites this evening.