Re: LibreOffice takes about 35 seconds to fully open

On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 08:27:14 -0300
André Carezia <carezia@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello André,

>hdparm -t /dev/sda

Reports;
/dev/sda:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 216 MB in  3.02 seconds =  71.64 MB/sec
and for comparison
/dev/sdb:
 Timing buffered disk reads: 224 MB in  3.01 seconds =  74.51 MB/sec

Drives are Western Digital 150GB (approx), and at least seven years old.
As is most of the machine.  The only thing I've done is add an ethernet
card, because the old one blew when there was a lightning strike(1)
locally.  As previously indicated, everything else loads in quick enough
time.

(1)  IDK exactly what the lightning hit, but it took out our telephone
master socket, an ethernet card, router, printer and a neighbour's TV.
Probably more besides, but that's all I know about.

--
 Regards  _
Tell the dinosaurs they just won't survive