Re: Ansible recommendations?

Mike Oliver wrote:
> Managing Debian with Ansible is pretty similar to managing
> just about every other Linux distribution,

This is my experience as well.

> with a few minor tweaks
> (e.g. using the 'apt' module for managing packages instead of yum/dnf).

For simple tasks one can use the package module [1], which is
independent of the underlying package manager.

> I've also used SaltStack. It's also very good. Anecdotally, I've found
> it to be significantly faster than Ansible.

I have had good results using ssh multiplexing (ControlMaster) to speed
up Ansible, as it doesn't need to re-establish a new ssh session for
each task.

One slight annoyance is that Ansible can be quite noisy in the log
files, if this is something you care about.

Thomas

[1] https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/package_module.html