Re: could not resolve deb.debian.org after installing via debian live image

Hi,

Tamar Nirenberg wrote:
> root@deploy-pc:/etc/apt# apt-get update
> [...]
> N: Download is performed unsandboxed as root as file
> '/media/deploy/UUI/dists/buster/InRelease' couldn't be accessed by user
> '_apt'. - pkgAcquire::Run (13: Permission denied)

First i would try to find out what is the permission problem with
the directories and file name of path
  /media/deploy/UUI/dists/buster/InRelease

Especially i wonder about "user '_apt'".
Doesn't the "#" in your shell prompt indicate that you are superuser ?

I also wonder why apt-get complains when there is no file
/dists/buster/InRelease in the ISO filesystem.
Do you see a file
  /media/deploy/UUI/dists/buster/InRelease
?

> Do you think I have to copy , as you suggested, the /media/deploy/UUI/pool
> and /media/deploy/UUI/dists to another location?

That could be worth a try.
  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format
looks like InRelease is looked for if there is no Release.gpg.
You would probably get a Release.gpg file from what is described in the
"ARCHIVE CONFIGURATION" chapter of man apt-secure.

But i wonder for what "[trusted=yes]" is good, if it does not avoid the
need for an InRelease or Release.gpg file.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas