Re: could not resolve deb.debian.org after installing via debian live image

On Mon 03 Feb 2020 at 16:30:25 -0000, Curt wrote:

> On 2020-02-03, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> >> Aren't any sources.list experts present who could keep me from guessing
> >> around ?
> >
> > You are doing ok without us so-called experts.
> >

>  Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get
>  update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs
>
> was the error message he received earlier (amongst others).
>
> Is that what he did (use apt-cdrom) to add the local repository? I can't
> find that critical detail somehow in the thread.

No, Tamar Nirenberg did not add a cdrom://... line in his sources.list.
Note the date that goes with it - 2019-11-16T10:36. It would have been
added and commented out by the installer. He has uncommented it. This
has not led to the outcome he desired but, as I said, it makes the
screen output more complicated than it need be. My procedure, when
testing a sources.list, is to have only a single operative line.

--
Brian.