Re: Can't find a way to preseed keyboard layout for all d-i questions

On 1/31/2020 8:37 PM, Yvan Masson wrote:
> Le 31/01/2020 à 16:50, john doe a écrit :

>>> Thanks for the information. However I just checked by doing a fresh
>>> installation with BIOS PXE boot, di-netboot-assistant and a preseed file
>>> served by TFTP: locale and keyboard layout are properly applied:
>>> - during install once preseed.cfg is loaded
>>> - after reboot
>>
>> Yes, because this is delayed after the preseed file is fetched! :)
>>
>> But if I'm not mistaking, you want to be able to specify the hostname
>> manually because you have no control over the dhcp server?
>>
> Exactly, so I want to preseed most of the question but:
> - hostname
> - user password
>
> As the hostname and domain are asked before preseed file is fetched, I
> tried to use boot options to set the domain (it works) and the locale
> (which does not work).
>
> Maybe preseeding has not been designed to use both file and command line
> options… I will submit a bug report, please tell me if you think I
> shouldn't.

Note that the debian-boot mailing list is responsible for the Debian
installer, before filing a bugreport I would first seak advice there.

Maybe (1) could help you getting what you want.

Actually, what you want, as kernel boot parameter could be 'install <URL>'.

1)
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed#Adding_the_preseed_file_to_the_installer.27s_initrd.gz

--
John Doe