Re: Ethernet trouble

On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 04:32:32PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> When the persistent schema came up, I took interest in it, [...]

> but for me and my installations, it wasn't worth the more
> complicated names. I still do "sudo ifup eth0" and don't really
> want to do "sudo ifup &$#*@%#".

You are NOT talking about the udev persistent naming scheme.  You
are talking about the systemd predictable naming scheme.

VERY different creatures.

Under the systemd (current) scheme, you can choose whatever name
you like for the interface.  If you want to call it "red", you can
call it "red", and then plug a red cable in it.