Re: Fresh install UEFI debian-10.2.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1 will not boot

hans.ullrich@loop.de wrote:
>Am Mittwoch, 29. Januar 2020, 19:51:28 CET schrieb David Christensen:
>Hi David,
>
>although it is not recommended as the documentation is telling, but just try
>out RUFUS or UNETBOOTIN to create a bootable USB-Stick.
>
>Maybe this works better than using dd.

NO NO NO. Do not listen to this. Unetbootin has caused many difficult
support problems over the years, wasting lots of time for me and other
Debian developers. We've worked very hard to make the installer boot
and run on diverse computers, then unetbootin has broken things for
users. We explicitly disrecommend it for that exact reason.

This is even more important with new features like UEFI and Secure Boot.

Rufus is a different matter - it has a "DD mode" which *is* useful for
writing an image to a USB stick unmolested.

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.