Re: Can't find a way to preseed keyboard layout for all d-i questions

On 1/29/2020 2:50 PM, Yvan Masson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am automating Buster installations with a preseed file. To do this, I
> boot the installer successfully with parameters `auto=true
> url=tftp://my_server domain=mydomain`.
>
> However, before loading preseed.cfg, installer asks for computer name: I
> would like this question to be asked in French and more importantly to
> have the keyboard layout configured in French.
>
> I have tried many boot parameters (layout=fr, layout=fr(latin9),
> language=fr, language=fr_FR.UTF-8…) but could not find anything working.
>
> After answering this question, preseed.cfg is loaded so language and
> keyboard layout are properly applied.
>
> Any idea?

You should also use 'priority=critical' to avoid that promt and let the
preseed file answer those questions for you.

I also add (1) and (2) because they were instrumental in getting me set
up with preseeding.

1)  https://www.debian.org/releases/jessie/amd64/ch05s03.html.en
2)  https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Preseed

--