Re: Sudo

On 2020-01-29 12:17, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 12:15:17PM +0000, mick crane wrote:

[...]

>That's because "-" tells su to do that. Drop the "-" and it'll leave
>you in the current dir (among other details, consult the man page for
>details).

yes but "su" keeps the user's path for the executables.
mick

Both can do both ways. It's in the options. Consult the man pages for
details.

at least su doesn't put you in / which slackware used to do and deleting everything in that directory is not a good idea as I once discovered.

mick
--
Key ID    4BFEBB31