Re: using git

On Ma, 28 ian 20, 14:14:05, mick crane wrote:

> I tried to do bits of programming before and kept the changes in directories
> on the same machine which doesn't always seem to work if go back to it after
> several months.

You might want to elaborate on this if you want useful suggestions.

As as start try to develop the habit to always commit your changes (no
matter how small) and write commit messages that will make sense to you
months (if not years) later.

In case you want a "clean up" your history it's possible to "squash"
and/or reorder commits later.

> I thought Git on a separate machine might help to keep track
> of things.

It makes things more complicated for possibly no good reason (more
details would be necessary to provide good suggestions here).

Kind regards,
Andrei