Re: Planning a Debian NAS

Aidan Gauland wrote:

>> On 27/01/20 12:59 am, ghe wrote:
>>> If you don't already have all the router(s) and WiFi access points
>>> and such, may I suggest a pile of Raspberry Pis.
>> Can a r-pi be set up with RAID easily?
> Going by all the replies on this subthread, even the latest model r-pi
> sounds like a terrible choice for a NAS, unless all you want is a single
> HDD on ethernet.

Well not exactly, but for the money, there are may be better options.

The rpi4 is powerful enough to replace a low end work station. This is why I
bought one, but still there is comfort missing, however if you buy SATA
extentions .... but then you could buy something more appropriate for the
same money I guess, cause it would go above 200,- US$.
Look here
http://linuxgizmos.com/sata-hats-support-up-to-four-drives-on-raspberry-pi-4-or-rock-pi-4/

Technically it works and from linux perspective it doesn't matter if it is
RPI or something else. Might be that drivers are not that well tested
though.

regards