Re: Emacs and loss of highlighting: problem semi-solved (Buster MATE)

Curt wrote:

> I heard about one fellow whose window background color was strangely
> similar to his emacs highlighting color, and this explained why his
> highlighting efforts were suboptimal and even quite close to being
> totally invisible.

I had something similar to this happen to me with Emacs 24.  I ended up
adding an override to my ~/.emacs to set the highlighting color.

Tom, which Emacs package are you using?  The (default) GTK-based build
can behave differently than the Lucid-based build.

One way to change the highlighting color is to do

  M-x customize-face RET
  region RET

Pick a background color that works for you, then save the change from
the Customize window.

regards,
mike