Re: windstream and linux

On Sun 26 Jan 2020 at 12:57:48 (-0500), Jude DaShiell wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jan 2020, john doe wrote:

> > > My reason for asking is when ip link set enp0s0 up was tried
> > > the device couldn't be taken out of no carrier mode
> > > and threw lots of hex code back for output.
> >
> > Please share with us this output.
> >
> > - Where are you stuck?
> > - What step(s) do you need to do to get through this registration process.
> >
> > I would suggest to use the router/gateway/... provided by your ISP
> > before fiddling with your own stuff!
> >
> Unfortunately I'm a week and about 900 miles separated from the output.
> A relative is going to check this out and I hope sort it out with
> windstream.com.
> She will be in good proxinity and direct access to whatever output
> develops.

I, for one, can't fathom what your problem is. Perhaps it might help
to outline:

Where you are,
Where the service is being provided,
In what form,
What items of equipment are provided by them,
What items of equipment are being used by yourself,
What software is running,
What exactly it is that you are trying to do.

You mentioned activation and registration. They can usually be done by
phone or over any internet connection, using any browser in case of the
latter. You shouldn't need to be at the address concerned unless a
line is being rigged, or end-to-end tested (like measuring its signal
strength).

Cheers,
David.