Re: Clarification Re: Displaying an arbitrary file in _both_ HEX and ASCII

On 01/23/2020 09:54 PM, The Wanderer wrote:
On 2020-01-23 at 16:42, Joe wrote:

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:20:44 -0600
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

    2. I repeatedly mentioned/implied *DISPLAY*.
       I never even hinted at editing.

I think you'll find that displaying a file as hex and ASCII is
pretty much of a monopoly of hex editors. I don't know any other kind
of program that can do it.

vbindiff can.

Indeed it *DOES* :}
Its search function displays from the first byte of the "target string".
Important to me as what often need to know is what immediately precedes the "target string". I would prefer an actual GUI. But for a command line program it does very well.
Thank you.