Re: Clarification Re: Displaying an arbitrary file in _both_ HEX and ASCII

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 09:42:11PM +0000, Joe wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:20:44 -0600
> Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
>

> >    2. I repeatedly mentioned/implied *DISPLAY*.
> >       I never even hinted at editing.
> >

> I think you'll find that displaying a file as hex and ASCII is pretty
> much of a monopoly of hex editors.

...except the most obvious choice for command line folks, "hexdump -C",
which was already mentioned in this thread.

Of course, the best one is Emacs hexl-mode: which other hex editor lets
you switch back-and-forth between image view and hex/ascii view on a
png file, for example?

Was mentioned in this thread, too.

Cheers
-- t