Re: [solved] passphrase feedback when unlocking disk at boot

David Wright wrote:

> It would be interesting to know why installing plymouth made any
> difference. My system prints asterisks even though plymouth is
> not installed.
>
> Were there any other packages installed along with plymouth?

Hmm.  When I installed plymouth, the only thing it pulled in was
libplymouth4.

According to the logs, I then installed libgtk3-perl a few minutes
later, prior to rebooting.  That pulled in libcairo-gobject-perl and
libglib-object-introspection-perl.  But those wouldn't affect the prompt
for unlocking the disk, would they?

mike