Re: noapi acpi=off

On Tue, Jan 21, 2020 at 11:15:34AM +0000, Zahid Rahman wrote:
> During installation I got a prompt to install rtl_nic/rtl8168h-2.fw
> rt2870.bin from media.
> I was installing  using net install so I skipped it.

Awesome.  Knowing the exact filename of the firmware that you need
makes it *super* easy to identify the package that you need.

https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=rt2870.bin&mode=exactfilename&suite=stable&arch=any

tells us that you need the package named "firmware-misc-nonfree".

As the name implies, this package is in the non-free section of Debian,
which means it's not included in the official installer images.

It *is* included in the unofficial "netinst with non-free firmware"
images.  If you use one of those, your problems will all go away.

If you aren't using one of the unofficial installers, then you'll need
to get this firmware package and install it.  That can be done over
ethernet, temporary or otherwise, or by sneakernetting it on a USB
stick, etc.