Re: noapi acpi=off

Thank you.

I have been getting same problem with ubuntu. I think these linux operating systems has corrupted some Table on my laptop.

Although fedora has wifi driver , Debian does not.

Ubuntu did not have a wifi driver,  but later wifi driver came with a software update.
But then ubuntu would only work,
 go to login screen in recovery mode due to this acpi issue.

So now I am using open suse.
That operating  system is compensating for the corrupted BIOS table and has wifi driver.  For some reason open opensuse.org  is extremely fast compare to all  linux operating system.

On Mon, 20 Jan 2020, 22:11 Jonathan Dowland, <jon+debian-user@dow.land> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 03:03:44PM +0000, Zahid Rahman wrote:
>I would appreciate if some one can tell me the precise kernel parameter
>values so the laptop
>will turm off and I promise to turn off  software updates after that.
>FEDORA 31.

You've sent this to the Debian User list, for Debian users. You probably
want the Fedora Users list instead:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/admin/lists/users.lists.fedoraproject.org/

--

Jonathan Dowland