Re: No official way to make Debian Live USB "persistent"?

Linux-Fan wrote:
> I think the reason for there not being any official Debian instructions on
> this is that there is IMHO very little point in doing anything like a
> "persistent live USB". The advantages of live images are these:
>
>  + run off read-only media (less and less needed, but I still like it)
>  + not be changed s.t. they provide a good "testing" environment.
>
> Once you do not need this read-only abilities anymore, what is the point in
> using a live image? If it is about the ability to boot either under UEFI or
> under BIOS, I am not sure whether the method described under the post you
> liked will allow this...

  yes.  install Debian Stable if you want a persistent install.

  otherwise if i wanted a throw away install (for testing something
out) that is more persistent than a live image i would use either
a different partition or a USB device (i have both set up and they
work just fine).

  songbird