Re: Need help with debugging Apache on Debian 10.2

Angela Korra???ti wrote:
> However, as of when we updated to Debian 10.2, we started having recurring issues with Apache throwing segmentation faults that resulted in all PHP-based sites (notably, the Wordpress ones) throwing 503 errors from varnish.
>
> https://angelahighland.info/2020/01/12/need-help-with-debian-web-server-debugging/
>
> To what I wrote in that post, I can add that we???ve also kept the server up to date with security and other updates, and it???s been rebooted a couple of times since the big upgrade to Debian 10. (We were previously on version 8.)

Did you upgrade to 9 in between?

8 had apache 2.2, and a bunch of config things changed from 2.2
to 2.4.  That usually shows up in apache failing to start,
though.

Does

systemctl reload apache2.service

cause an error?

Worst case: if things are massively unstable, you might copy all the
data off elsewhere, re-install Debian 10 from scratch, and then bring
the data back in.

-dsr-

--
https://randomstring.org/~dsr/eula.html is hereby incorporated by reference.