Re: I need to be root to run this script

kaye n writes:

On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 8:19 AM <<URL:mailto:l0f4r0@tuta.io>l0f4r0@tuta.io>
wrote:
   Yes, and please paste the output of the following commands (both on your
   other distro & your Debian):

   ls -R /etc/sudoers.dcat /etc/sudoers
   ls -l /usr/local/bin/backlight-brightness

   Best regards,
   l0f4r0

Hi friends
Are you guys sure you want to see the contents of the script? It has 574
lines of code in there.

Having the script will still be useful. In case you want to reduce the file
size: Run it through `gzip` (or `xz`) first and then attach it to your e-mail.

This is on Debian:

kaye@laptop:~$  ls -R /etc/sudoers.dcat /etc/sudoers
ls: cannot access '/etc/sudoers.dcat': No such file or directory
/etc/sudoers

[...]

as mentioned elsewhere: ls -R /etc/sudoers.d and cat /etc/sudoers are two
separate commands. Note additionally that these commands will likely need to
run as root. I'd also recommend `cat /etc/sudoers.d/*`. In case outputs are
long, save them to a file by adding ` >> /tmp/file.txt` at the end of the
commandlines. You can then attach them to e-mails (or run them through gz or
xz first if they are "large" :) ).

HTH
Linux-Fan