Re: web server for development

Russell L. Harris wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 07:56:41PM +0530, rajudev wrote:
>> This is what I use when I am testing something on my local machine
>> $ python3 -m http.server
>
> Thanks.  Someone previously mentioned a phython server built into
> hugo, but did not give details.

  ah, i didn't see a mention of hugo before in this thread

$ hugo serve

  will do it...

  i make sure to cd into the production directory first before
running that command or any other hugo command as you can get
odd bits of stuff showing up in your directories otherwise.

> This serves my need, and saves time by circumventing configuration of
> apache.

  yes.  it's pretty common in almost any web site development
environment to have some kind of way to do this locally.  also
to test deployment from one place to another it is a good idea
to have a separate service (even if it is simple) just to make
sure you're getting things moved to where you want them to be.

  songbird