Re: web server for development

On ९/१/२० ११:४६ म.पू., Russell L. Harris wrote:
For development of a web pages, I installed Apache2 on another machine
in the LAN so that I can FTP web pages from the development machine to
the web server and view the pages from the development machine.

But the installation of Apache2 on Buster serves documents from
/var/www/html/, which is owned by root, so as a normal user I cannot
FTP into that directory.

The web server is not exposed outside the LAN, so security is not an
issue.

What is the proper approach?
Might not be the answer you are looking for.

This is what I use when I am testing something on my local machine or my local lan
STEP I : Getting in the directory which hosts the pages
STEP || python3 -m http.server
it starts serving the web pages on that hosts ip and default port 8000
you can also specify different ports for different website folders
$ python3 -m http.server 3000

I also use the same trick to access files from another system over a web browser.

This approach is fine for a test server. Dont expect serious configurations using this